Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Cheney

Who is this person who is now in favor of same-sex marriage, states that there was no connection between Saddam Hussein and 9/11 and isn't commenting on Sonia Sotomayor's nomination to the Supreme Court and what have they done with our former Vice Idiot, Dick Cheney? When did Dick Cheney, become...almost...human?? (Bear in mind, I said, "almost".) I must say that it's rather disconcerting to see someone to whom I never failed to hurl anger and annoyance, acting like a rational, reasonable human being. Has he come to his senses, that he is no longer having to deal with the Village Idiot of Texas? Has he realized, out in the light of day, away from the confines of the Vice President's Mansion, that perhaps he should be a little more accepting of his daughter's orientation? Is this guy, Mr.-I-Shoot-My-Friends-In-The-Face, going to come out in favor of stricter gun control? And, he didn't feel to speak out on the fact that there was no connection between Saddam Husseing and 9/11, oh....I don't know...say...BEFORE WE STARTED FIGHTING TWO WARS? Did he just feel that little piece of information wasn't important until recently? For that alone, he, along with his cohorts GW Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, and Condoleeza Rice, should be dragged off to the Hague and tried for war crimes.

I really thought one of the benefits (and, there should be many) of no longer having him as the VP would be that we wouldn't have to see him anymore. And, now I feel as though everytime I turn on the TV, there is his big, fat, war mongering, lying, anti-choice, anti-education, head on CNN, "The Today Show", "Meet the Press", "The Week", et al. I'm waiting, in horror, for him to host "Saturday Night Live" or turn in a guest-starring appearance on "How I Met Your Mother". (Although, I wouldn't be altogether opposed to him make a royal ass of himself, along with a bunch of other B-list celebrities, on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here". Maybe the producers can kill two birds with one stone and set the show in the Hague, actually..."I'm a Politician Who Committed Crimes Against Humanity, I Deserve To Be Here".

A lot of talking heads are making predictions of a Cheney run for the Presidency in 2012, which is perhaps why he seems to be changing his tune on a lot of issues. All I have to say is, "bring it on, Dick". Democrats don't typically like to engage in smear campaigns, but in your case...I think we'll make an exception.