Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Word Play Consulting

So, I have begun to take some very small steps towards starting my own business...Word Play Consulting, which will be a professional writing service. (Grant writing, press releases, speeches, scripts, blog contributions, et al.) Given my fondness for the written word, combined with my background in nonprofit development work, in which I wrote grants, press releases, speeches, etc., and my current and increasing frustrations with my job, it seems like the right time to try to pursue this. I have bought the website domain (www.wordplayconsulting.com) and started looking at business cards and thinking of various marketing techniques. I have not yet started to build the website, as I am not even remotely savvy in that respect, so I am waiting for one of my IT wiz friends/coworkers, to return from a business trip. (At which point, we will hopefully sit down with another IT wiz friend of both of ours.) I also figure that given my desire to possibly move, this is something that I could do from where....just take it with me!

Like I said, this is all in the very preliminary stages right now. (I just purchased the website domain yesterday!) But, I am getting pretty excited about it. And, I figure that given my experience, in various capacities, within the nonprofit sector, I could also work as something of a nonprofit consultant, in addition to providing various writing services. (The latter wouldn't necessarily be limited to the nonprofit sector.)

So, should you or anyone whom you know, need any writing/editing done....you know who to call!

No comments:

Post a Comment